03 September 2009

Back to work

I am starting to freak out. I have been a stay at home mom for the last two years and a half. I have been very happy with this arrangement. I really enjoyed taking care of my son. I know it was a privilege to be able to spend such a long time with him. But we have reached the point when he is watching way too much television (we watch The Incredibles twice each day), and I think he is longing to spend some time with other kids. I found a daycare I really loved, recommended by a friend. It's called Wee Care. And I surprisingly found a job in the middle of a recession. My first try. I'm going to be teaching Spanish at De Paul University, which is four blocks from the apartment we are moving to. Lots and lots of changes, all to happen within a couple of weeks.
I was surprised when they offered me class after interviewing me over the phone. I jumped when they told me they had a second one for me. The schedule is pretty bad for a mom, but I haven't worked in more than two years, so I couldn't ask for more. I just hope I haven't forgotten how to teach...
On top of that I had an interview at an Spanish government office in Chicago, for a job that seems rather interesting. I don't think I will get it, because it was my first formal interview ever, but I didn't think I would pass the exam and make it into the interview either... And here we are. I should know by next week.
Everything looks like it goes so well... If only those babies would want to stay in my uterus... But thats a whole different blog. More about changes soon.

1 comment:

SweetSpikette said...

Congrats on the other job interview.
And no way did you forget how to teach. You are awesome!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash