11 April 2009

Mistresses

A couple of weeks ago, while I was going through a really hard patch, I discovered a pretty good British show on BBCAmerica. It's called Mistresses (www.bbc.co.uk/mistresses) and it's broadcast over and over and over again every Friday night. It has probably been compared with Sex and the City, because it's about four professional women in their late thirties/ early forties. But at the same time, it has nothing to do with it. The wit and bravery of the British show make the American one look whimsical and even a little adolescent. I should warn that I love most things British, I'm a britófila, and just the accent turns me on. But I find very amusing to watch four ladies talking about sex and practicing it as freely as they do in the show. No prudity here. No modesty, no fear. They take what they want, they take chances. They seem secure. They don't seem happy, but, does happiness even exist? At least they seem satisfied. Way more satisfied than the average woman I know...

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash